Epicurious.com WHIPS UP HOLIDAY CHEER WITH EASE AND SIMPLICITY
From recipes to gifts to that hard-to-find ingredient, Epicurious.com has it all right at your fingertips
NEW YORK (October 18, 2002)
- This year, make your list and click it twice with the help of Epicurious.com. The premier food Web site is the complete holiday resource, offering help with everything from recipes to gift buying to that hard-to-find ingredient.
Elizabeth Shepard, Senior Executive Producer of Epicurious.com, says, "We've made life simpler for the holidays with recipes, menu guidance, technique videos, and even shopping available at your fingertips."
Suffering from menu anxiety? Epicurious.com has a Thanksgiving menu to satisfy every appetite, whether you want to twist tradition or try something completely different. Epicurious.com offers five regional Thanksgiving menus created by five of the participating world-class chefs. Nathalie Dupree serves up such Southern specialties as a Southern Oyster Casserole and Sweet Potato and Turnip Gratin, while New England stalwart Jasper White recommends traditional favorites like Chunk Lobster Stew with Tomalley Croutons and a Country Sausage and Sage Dressing. Each menu has a complete game plan and shopping checklist.
Give your Christmas dinner an Italian accent with recipes and tips from famed chef Mario Batali, or add some Latin spice to your meal with a menu from chef Douglas Rodriguez. Each menu includes a strategic game plan, wine pairings, and a printable ingredients list.
"Hanukkah Helpers" offers tasty recipes and four menu suggestions with international flair, certain to become new family traditions to be enjoyed for years to come. Tired of the same old latke recipe? Check out the "Lotsa Latkes" feature and whip up a batch from an award-winning recipe or try one of nine other variations.
The Season's Ultimate Shopping Guide
Epicurious.com presents the All-Out Gift Guide and the Ultimate Holiday Gourmet Gift Guide (which will be live on the site Wednesday, November 27.) From the best cookbooks to the finest specialty foods to cookware, you'll find something to please your favorite foodie with a click of the mouse. Here's just a taste of what you can find in some of the site's boutiques now through the holidays:
Great Tastes for Under $50
Go Gourmet in the Unique Boutiques
- Movie Night Gift Basket (cooking.com) - The overflowing ceramic popcorn bowl comes stocked with real theater popcorn, Sour Patch Kids in collector's tin, 10 ounces Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, 12-ounce Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Bar, 1.25-ounce Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar, 1.25-ounce Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Crisp Bar, 1.25-ounce Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Bar. $34.95
- Sushi-Making Kit (ethnicgrocer.com) - This comprehensive set has everything you need to make authentic rolled sushi at home: short-grain rice, sushi vinegar, rice vinegar, dark soy sauce, nori, pickled ginger, wasabi, bamboo rolling mat, and rice paddle. And it even includes a detailed recipe book. $39.99
- Micro Brewery Beer Making Kit (cooking.com) -This advanced and widely acclaimed home-brewing product brews 20 12-ounce beers each week, allowing you to enjoy your first beer in 14 days. Second batch can start brewing in seven days. The beer naturally carbonates in the bottle and has a good head. $39.95
- Connoisseur's Club (igourmet.com) - Give the gift that keeps on giving all year and sign your favorite foodie up for this monthly treat. From chocolates to cheeses, he or she will get an around-the-world culinary tour in 12 months. $250.00
- Gourmet Party Assortment (igourmet.com) - Make the party easy for the host or hostess with this hors d'oeuvres for 10 set - an ideal party planner that includes an assortment of cheeses, pickles, olives, wafers, and other light appetizers. $69.95
- Connoisseur's Fresh Exotic Mushroom Basket (earthydelights.com) - For the fungi fanatic, the top specialty mushroom growers in the world present an incredible selection, including Baby Blue Oyster, Clamshell, Trumpet Royale, Premium Shiitake, Pom Pom Blanc, and Cinnamon Cap. The gift arrives in an attractive handwoven basket. $79.00
- Custom Gift Labels (myownlabels.com) - The perfect gift for anyone who makes jams, brews beer, or bakes. Purchase a gift certificate so your gift recipient can create his or her own personalized labels (price varies).
Epicurious.com, a CondéNet site, incorporates more than 14,000 recipes from the premier brands in food journalism, Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines, as well as original material and a wealth of content from the audience.
CondéNet is the leading creator and developer of upscale lifestyle brands online, providing enjoyable, useful services that tie into and build upon the heritage of the world's most prestigious magazines. Today, CondeNet owns the deepest online brands in the vertical categories of food (Epicurious.com), travel, (Concierge.com), and fashion (STYLE.COM). Condé Net is an Internet unit of Condé Nast.