STYLE.COM Announces The 10 Most-Wanted Looks For Fall
New York (August 29, 2001) -- The editors at STYLE.COM selected the top 10 looks for fall after scouting styles that were featured on designer runways in New York, London, Paris and Milan earlier this year. Chosen from the editorial perspective of Vogue and W, the result is a fashion-forward list of clothing fundamentals that every woman will be wearing this season.
1. Romantic Blouse - Be it satin, chiffon or sheer cotton, blouses are all the rage for autumn with seductive necklines, ruffled edges and feminine fabrics.
2. Riding Pant - The fall runways were filled with equestrian-inspired looks, and the riding pant is a classic element from the trend that will be fashionable for years to come.
3. Oversize Bag - An oversize bag made from the best leather is a smart investment this season. The right one will feature clean lines and a few well-placed pockets to carry everything for a full day of shopping.
4. Prairie Skirt - Country style has infiltrated mainstream fashion, and the prairie skirt is a wearable interpretation of the trend. Pair it with a fitted denim jacket and boots for a modern look.
5. Laced-Up Boot - The focus for footwear this season is on the boot. They made catwalk appearances in almost every color and style, but the sexiest is a high black boot that laces up to the knee.
6. Athletic Sweater - A fitted stripe sweater takes its cue from the playing fields and offers a fashion-savvy sporty look.
7. Big Fur Hat - Hats are back for fall and covered in fur. Wear them when the weather starts to turn for instant flair and added warmth.
8. Cape - The cape is a sophisticated look that has made a comeback in recent years. It's an elegant piece of outerwear that is appropriate for daytime and evening events.
9. Tuxedo - Tuxedo style was incorporated into a variety of feminine clothes for fall. Get the look with a fitted black jacket, a white ruffled shirt opened to the chest and tailored pants with a silk stripe.
10. Ruffle Dress - Dresses with ruffles epitomize Bohemian chic for fall and convey a youthful look.
For more information about fall fashion or to buy the styles detailed above, visit STYLE.COM and shop for head-to-toe looks from today's hottest designers.